Thursday, June 18, 2009

Meet my New Camera: Nikon D5000

After months of indecision and waffling I finally bought a new camera!I stayed home from work today just so I could be here when it arrived (someone had to sign for it, so it wasn't a completely frivolous waste of a vacation day).

At around 11:00 am the dog started barking and I rushed outside. It's the UPS man. My camera is here.
See it in its Amazon box. Ohhhh…..

But I can't open the box just yet. I have cupcakes in the oven, more cookies to decorate, and I also have to run to Best Buy to buy a memory card. Can you believe that the camera doesn't come with a freakin' memory card? Not even a measly little 64K one!
Here is everything unboxed.

I'm so excited about my new toy. My old camera, a Nikon Coolpix 990, is ten years old and on its last leg. Here is my old camera.

Rest in peace little Nikon 990, I will remember you fondly.

No comments:

Post a Comment