Friday, October 23, 2009

TWD - Sweet Potato Biscuits

October 20th's assignment at Tuesday with Dorie (TWD) was Sweet Potato Biscuits.

We just got back from vacation today (Seattle, WA) and I threw these together to go with some chicken chili I picked up on the way home from the airport.


Because I was pressed for time I made “drop” biscuits instead of following the directions and rolling out the dough and cutting traditional biscuit circles. They looked wonderful, nice and plump with brown edges, but they tasted yucky. Granted, I’m not a lover of sweet potatoes, yams or pumpkin but no one else liked them either.

I don’t know what I did wrong, but this is my first flop from Dorie Greenspan’s wonderful “Baking: From My Home to Yours” cookbook.

May be I'll have better luck next week's cherry-cream cheese brownies.

PS: the chicken chili was great. Chicken breast, white beans, white sauce and mozzarella cheese. I may not eat regular chili again.

No comments:

Post a Comment