These little bacon-chicken wraps were a huge hit at our Christmas Eve party. I baked three batches and within minutes of each batch leaving the oven they were gone. Everyone wanted the recipe and to me that is a sure sign of success.
This recipe is compliments of Paula Deen. Thank you Paula.
Sweet Chicken Bacon Wraps
1-1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons chili powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut chicken breasts into 1-inch cubes.
- Cut each bacon slice into thirds. Wrap each chicken cube with bacon and secure with a wooden pick.
- Stir together brown sugar and chili powder. Dredge wrapped chicken in mixture.
- Coat a rack and broiler pan with non-stick cooking spray. Place chicken on rack in broiler pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 to 40 minutes, or until bacon is crisp.