Monday, April 19, 2010

TWD: Sweet Cream Biscuits

This week's Tuesdays with Dorie selection was made by Melissa of Love at First Bite. She selected Sweet Cream Biscuits on page 23.



I have to say that I LOVE biscuits. They are my comfort food and rank right up there with chocolate and ice cream. So I'm sorry to say that I didn't like these biscuits at all (sorry Melissa and Dorie). I felt like they were missing something important, something vital.

Here they are about to go into the oven.



And just out. They are a little brown, but that is the way I like them. I love the outside toasty and crunchy and the inside moist and fluffy.



I ate one and felt a big let down. It just tasted so bland and uninspiring. Maybe if I had covered them in gravy or jam they would have tasted better, but just as a standalone biscuit they left a lot to be desired. I'll probably give the recipe another try (one day) just to see if I did something wrong.

3 comments:

  1. definitely. butter and jam. or make it into a breakfast sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think biscuits are on the bland side no matter what...I used to put butter and sugar on mine when I was growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry they tasted bland to you. I think butter and jam are the ticket! That is how I ate mine, and I loved them! They sure look great!

    ReplyDelete