Sunday, January 9, 2011

Snowman Face Cake

I’ve been a bad blogger lately. I’ve been baking a lot, but I just can’t find the time to sit down and post a few words and pictures. Same old excuses: new computer software at work, beaucoup overtime, people yelling, systems crashing, stress up to my eyeballs, yada yada, yada.

But today turned out to be a good sit at home day. The New Orleans Saints lost the first round of the playoffs (no Super Bowl for them this year), it is raining cats and dogs outside, and it is cold, very, very cold. Wow, it must be 40 degrees outside, burrrr, frigid (well at least for New Orleans).

So here is my first post of 2011. I had planed on making an elaborate, multi-tiered cake for our Christmas day gathering, but of course I ran out of time. At the last minute I whipped up a box cake mix and slapped on some icing.



It came out really cute and best of all it only took about 20 minutes to decorate. It actually took longer to color the icing than it did to pipe the cute little snowman face. Go figure. Many thanks to jdbhoward on Cake Central from whom I borrowed/stole the idea from. Thanks, jdbhoward.

1 comment:

  1. I also needed a quick idea after decorating stand up tree cupcakes for several hours and still needed to decorate a cake this is perfect. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete