Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Rolled Fondant - Just how many brands are out there???!!!


Yowza!! Just how many ready-made brands of rolled fondant are out there???


I'm starting to lose count of just how many commercial brands of rolled fondant are on the market. It seems like every few months a new one is being introduced. I needed a list to keep track of them, so I started this (hopefully everygreen) post.

Below is a summary of all the brands that I can name. If you know of any other fondants that are readily available in the USA, just post a comment and I will add it to the list…

Here are 21 fondant brands in alphabetical order:

Disclosure: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

  1. Cake Craft Fondant
  2. Choco-Pan
  3. CK Fondant 
  4. Dream Fondant by Choco-Pan
  5. Duff Goldman Fondant 
    • Rumor has it that this is Fondarific in different packaging.  Both Duff and Fondarific need to be microwaved to soften, so it might be true.
    • See my review here 

  6. Elite by Fondx (discontinued?)
  7.  Fantasia Fondant (Introduced in 2016)
  8. Fat Daddio’s Pro Series Fondant
  9. Fondarific Fondant
  10. Fondx Fondant
  11.  Massa Americana and
  12.  Massa Grischuna 
    • Marketed by AUI Fine Foods (Albert Uster) 
    •  www.auifinefoods.com  
    • Made in Switzerland 
    • Not made by the same company as Carma Massa below 

  13. Massa Ticcino Tropic by Carma
  14. Mona Lisa Fondant 
  15.  Pettinice Fondant
    • Marketed by Bakel’s 
    • www.pettinice.com 
    • Made in Australia, New Zealand, Sweden, South Africa 
    • See my review here 

  16. Renshaw Fondant
  17. Satin Ice Fondant
  18. Tylina Sweetshop
    • Sold at Michaels
    • www.facebook.com/TylinaSweetShop/ 
    • review coming soon

  19. Wilton Original
    • Discontinued when Wilton Decorator Preferred came out
    • See my review here

  20. Wilton Decorator Preferred
  21. Via Roma Bakery

Whew! That is a long list. It would be nice if you could go to one site and get a sample of each, but no such luck.  If you want to do your own comparisons and find your perfect fondant, you will need to do a lot of shopping. But that's a good thing, right? I love shopping for cake stuff…

Happy Decorating,

Carol

1 comment:

  1. Dear Cake More: First, let me thank you for the oh, so helpful fondant reviews. I haven't worked with fondant for decades and things have really changed! My problem: I'm tearing my hair out (metaphorically) because I cannot find a fondant to work with. I'd like to use it to cover cakes and create geometric pieces for decorating. Issues: I think I've settled on the perfect choice, but 1) it doesn't react well to tinting, or 2) I can't find it online (sometimes yes, but only in 20+ lb tubs), or 3) sellers only offer it in blue (or some other random color)or 4) it melts in the heat. (Etc.) So, even though I'd be happy to experiment with different brands, I can't seem to order any. I live in a rural area, so brick/mortar shops aren't available. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer (and for the chance to rant a bit). Best Wishes, Petra

    ReplyDelete