Thursday, June 11, 2009

Magnolia's Vanilla Birthday Cake

The Scratch-Off / June 2009 / Yellow Cakes - Trial #2

I just baked up my second test for Cake Central’s June “Scratch-Off” which features 14 different scratch “Yellow Cake” recipes. This time I selected the Not So Lemon Magnolia Cake. I have an aversion to all things lemon flavored so I subbed the lemon juice with milk and the lemon zest with vanilla extract. This subbed out version of the Magnolia Lemon Cake is also Magnolia’s Vanilla Cake.


The creaming…




The final 1/3 of flour being mixed in by hand…





The scoop. Man was this batter thick, and sweet, and oh so yummy…





Here is a dissected cupcake, showing all of it beautiful crumb...






Just so you know, it tasted as good as it looks. Definitely a 9 out of 10 on the score board.

No comments:

Post a Comment