The fifteen yellow cake recipes compared were:
- Great American Cakes by Barbara Kafka
- Lita829's Yellow Cake - see page 3 post #9 of CakeCentral.com for recipe
- Sylvia Weinstock's Classic Yellow Cake
- Sylvia Weinstock's NEW Yellow Cake
- Not So Lemon Lemon Cake from Magnolia Bakery
- Paula Deen's 1234 Basic 1-2-3-4 Cake
- Whimsical Bake House Gold Cake
- All-Purpose Buttery Yellow Cake - The America’s Test Kitchen Family Cookbook
- Vanilla Buttermilk Recipe from Sky High
- White on White Buttermilk Cake
- The All-Occasion Downy Yellow Cake
- Cakeman Raven's Red Velvet Modified by Maryjsgirl into a yellow and lighter cake
- K8Memphis Golden Cake - see page 3 post #9 of CakeCentral.com for recipe
- Serious Cakes' Yellow Cake
- Toba Garett's Moist Yellow Cake
The WINNER with 6 votes and final score of 8.83) of Cake Central's June's Yellow Cake "Scratch-Off is ...
Wait for it...
Sylvia Weinstock's ORIGINAL Classic Yellow Cake !!!!!!!
#1 - Sylvia Weinstock's Original Classic Yellow Cake - with a final score of 8.83
#2 - White on White Buttermilk - 8.33
#3 - Not So Lemon Magnolia Cake - 8.25
Congratulations Sylvia Weinstock's ORIGINAL Classic Yellow Cake !!!
PS: a lot of the testers tried Sylvia's NEW recipe (which is her old recipe plus 1 cup of milk) and 90% of testers considered it a total flop. So be warned.
July's Scratch-Off will be CHOCOLATE CAKE. Yummm. Nothing better than chocolate.