Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Peanut Butter Cookies - Low Carb

For our Labor Day barbecue I baked a lot of family favorites, but I have a nephew who is on a low carb diet so I whipped up some low carb peanut butter cookies just for him.



The cookies were tasty, but I found them very dry and crumbly (although by the second day the cookies were much moister so bake them a day ahead of time). If I make these cookies again I would definitely fiddle with the recipe some: add another egg and possibly some heavy cream or butter to add moisture to the cookies and help hold everything together.

But in the words of dieting my nephew, "I you are low carbing it, dry cookies are a small price to pay for the pure joy of sinking your teeth into a sweet confection that is actually BAKED!"

Click HERE for the recipe I tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment