Can I say it again...WOW!! These little sandwiches were the hit of the BBQ! Everyone loved them. My refrigerator is stuffed with leftover meat, but not a single cucumber sandwich remained.
Zesty Cucumber & Tomato Sandwiches
1 (8oz) package of Cream Cheese, softened
1 (.7 oz) pack of dry Zesty Italian Salad Dressing Mix
Cucumber, thinly sliced
Cherry Tomatoes, sliced in half
French Bread, thinly sliced (1/4 inch) and then toasted
- In a small bowl mix together soften cream cheese and dry salad dressing mix.
- Cut bread in 1/4 inch thick slices and then toast till the outside is a little crunchy. PS: I just used my bread toaster instead of the oven. I was able to toast 8 slices at once. PPS: the taste testers preferred the bread toasted to un-toasted.
- Spread some of the cream cheese mix on top of the bread and add a slice of cucumber.
- Put a dab of the cream cheese mix on top of the cucumber and then gently push one half of a cherry tomato into the dab of cream cheese. The dab of cream cheese will keep the tomato from sliding off the cucumber!
- Sprinkle the top with a little bit of dried dill