Sunday, October 28, 2018

Lucille the Zombie Unicorn

Lucille the Zombie Unicorn took her cue from Negan and wrapped her horn in barbed-wire.  Her once pearly complexion is now green and decaying, and blood drips from a bite on her ear.  A bite that turned her from a golden unicorn into a Zombie Unicorn.  Poor, poor, Lucille.



I made the horn from black gum paste, and then curled some wire to fit around the horn.


I twisted short, thinner pieces of wire around the curled wire and glued them in place.  These short pieces are supposed to be the barbed part of the barbed wire.


For the green and black molted look of the cakes I dotted the white frosted cake with gray and green frosting.


Then I used a bench scraper to smear all the colors together.  For the first swipe I went clock-wise.


Then to keep it from looking like an ombre cake I used the bench scraper again, but the second time I went in a counter clock-wise direction to break up the uniform streaks.  (Got this tip from Cupcake Gemma.)


Next the cake was adorned with its black horn, bitten ear, and a mane of yellow, green and purple rosettes.  I tinged the colors with a bit of black to give them a decaying look.



My niece, who dressed like a unicorn for Halloween, loved her Zombie Unicorn Cake.



Happy Halloween from Lucille the Zombie Unicorn 




No comments:

Post a Comment