Sunday, January 17, 2021

Coach, Mercedes & Louis Vuitton Cookies

I don't make a lot of cookies - I'm just not that good at it.  But I do like how these Coach cookies came out.  They are sugar cookies with glaze (not Royal Icing-yuck), and accents made from black modeling chocolate.


<< Disclosure: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to ear fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.>>

I started by drawing guide lines on the cookie, and filling in the quilted pattern with glaze icing.  To draw the guide lines I used Sweet Sugarbelle's light brown templete tracing pens.  The lines are very pale in color and are easily hidden by the icing.


Here is what they look like with all the flooding complete.  I also sprayed the cookie with Wilton's Pearl Color Mist Spray.  The spray gives the cookie a pretty shimmer, but I took this picture before I sprayed the cookie.


Next I cut out the accents from modeling chocolate.  For this set I used the Hot Hands brand, but the ChocoPan brand works well too.  The modeling chocolate tastes a lot better than fondant, and it is also stiffer and holds it shape better so it is easier to transfer to cakes and cookies.  For the bow I used a Bow silicone mold.   For the lacy trim I used the JEM Strip Cutter #2 to cut the thin strips, and then used the ruffled Sculpey Super Slicer to cut the strip in half.  For the "CC" logo I actually made my own cutter using my Crealty Ender v2 3D Printer.  I have a long post about making cookie cutters from 3D printers here.


I also make Louis Vuitton and Mercedes cookies.  Again, I made the logo cookie cutters with my 3D printer.  


For the Mercedes logo I used white modeling chocolate, sprayed it with Wilton Silver Color Mist, and then painted the shadowed areas with a Royal Blue Petal Dust.


 Here they are all bagged up.  My niece LOVED them.  The things I do for family...



Happy Decorating,

Carol





No comments:

Post a Comment