Thursday, May 18, 2023

Confetti Cake with Flowers and Candy

Nothing says Happy Retirement/Birthday/Graduation like confetti!!  I just love confetti sprinkles.  They make everything just a little bit brighter and happier.


This is a 9" cake frosted in American Buttercream with confetti sprinkles scattered around the base and top along with flowers and lots of chocolate candy.  

<< Disclosure: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.>>

This was an easy cake that I threw together at the last minute.  The flowers were left over from previous cakes, and the candy was all store bought.  The smaller pink daisies were made using a silicone mold, and I made the larger yellow daisies using a daisy plunger cutter.  

I made the topper using my Cricut Explorer.  I just use the Cricut to make simple things, but it is still a handy piece of equipment for a cake decorator.  I've also used it to make stencils for cake and cookie decorating.  

And those Confetti Sprinkles, I use them by the handfuls.  


Happy Decorating,

Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment