Monday, March 8, 2021

Super Easy Border Collie Cake

Someone asked for a Border Collie cake, but not something carved; they wanted something super simple.  This is what I gave them.  And it couldn't have been simpler to make - I mean like 45 minutes simple.



<< Disclosure: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to ear fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.>>

I found a super cute graphic image of a border collie, and I cut the printout apart like a jigsaw puzzle.  Then I just cut pieces of black and white covering chocolate to match the paper pieces. (Note: the covering chocolate is stiffer and holds it shape better than fondant.  It taste better too.)

Then I stacked all the pieces and glued them together with a touch of water.


The eyes went on last, and I scored a few lines in the covering chocolate to represent hair.


And then I just picked the whole thing up and placed it on top of my prepared cake.  What could be easier???  Honestly, It took be about 45 minutes to cut and stack all the pieces.  I wish they were all this effortless.




Happy Decorating,

Carol

2 comments:

  1. I would live to do this for my daughter who has a 7 month old collie. Where can I find the pattern please

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I can't find the original image I used, but if you do a google search on Border Collie Clipart, you can find one that you like. Or you can use a photo of your puppy and really personalize the cake!

      Delete