Sunday, August 11, 2019

Aloha Baby Shower Cake

The is an Aloha Baby Shower Cake that I made for a friend of my niece.  I was a little disappointed in the overall look of the cake and especially in the pink ombre effect.  The blending just didn't look right. 


I don't know where I went wrong.  I stacked my different shades of pink.


And then scraped and blended everything with my bench scraper.  I kept adding color and taking it away, but it just didn't look right.  I guess I should have airbrushed the cake to get the look I was after.


But I did like the baby sandals that I made.  They came out kind of cute.


I just found a pattern and used it to cut out the gum paste.  Super easy to make.






So not my best cake, but not my worst.

Happy Decorating,

Carol

3 comments:

  1. It is a beautiful cake! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you please share where to find the sandals template please? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I was able to find the pattern I used for the sandals and I posted the pattern in the text.

      Delete