Sunday, April 18, 2021

You Are My Sunshine - Sunflower Baby Shower Cake

What could be cuter than a sunflower themed baby shower???  And best of all it was EASY to make...


<< Disclosure: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to ear fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.>>

I made some sunflowers using a simple Daisy Cutter and gum paste tinted a pale Golden Yellow.  The center of the flower is just a blob of brown gum paste that I poked with a ball tool and a straight pin.  I dried the flower on crumpled parchment paper to give them motion and shape.  I also dusted the petals and center of flower with orange, brown, and black petal dust to make them look a little more life like.


I also made cupcakes and decorated them with a gum paste daisies I made from a silicone mold.   Here are the cupcakes and cake at the party.  It was a very nice day (except for the drenching rain).


Anyone for chocolate cake??


Happy Decorating,

Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment