Saturday, November 25, 2023

Easy Demon Slayer Cake

It is amazing how many popular things exist in this country that I have absolutely no knowledge of.  Take this cake for example: Demon Slayer.  What in the heck is Demon Slayer and how do I represent it in cake form?  Google to the rescue, and in the end it was an easy cake to make.


<< Disclosure: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.>>

I bought the two characters ( Tanjirou and Nezuko) for the cake ( no way was I going to make those out of fondant).  The cake itself is a 7" square and about 6" tall.

Once the cake was stacked and covered in ganache, I marbled some Wilton's Chocolate and white fondant, rolled it flat, and textured it with a wood-grained impression mat.  I then cut the fondant in sections to fit the sides and top, and then just stuck the sections onto the cake.


I used Satin Ice Silver fondant for the silver decorations in the corners.  I used my 3D printer to make a cutter, but you can just cut them by hand.



For the black strips on the sides of the box, I used Wilton's black fondant, and a PME/JEM Strip Cutter #4.


The Demon Slayer sign is just a paper printout that I cut out and hot glued to an acrylic rod.  The red straps on the back of the box are just long strips of red fondant that I cut out and attached to the back.

So, see how easy that was!  And best of all the birthday boy got to keep the toys as a souvenir. 


Happy Decorating,

Carol



No comments:

Post a Comment