Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Jurassic Park Themed Cake

Here is a Jurassic Park themed cake that I made for my cousin.  It has a broken reptile egg on top, a glowing T-Rex eye camouflaged by green leaves, and vicious claws coming out of the side of the cake.  I kind of love how this one came out.


Sorry I didn't take any pictures during the assembly, but I do have closeups of the different sections.

Here is the egg.  I used a chocolate mold but filled it with fondant instead of chocolate.  After the fondant had hardened slightly, I used a craft knife to cut it apart and make it look like broken egg pieces. 


Here is the glowing eye.  I painted the eye with food gel color mixed with piping gel.  The gel gives it that wet, slimy look.


And the claws.  I wanted to have blood dripping from the claws, but I thought that would be too unsettling for the birthday boy.


So here is the finished cake again.  Gotta love that T-Rex.



Happy Decorating,

Carol

2 comments:

  1. Missed your posts; thanks for posting again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading! I've been so busy making cakes, I haven't had time to post anything in my blog. I'm trying to catch up now.

      Delete