Sunday, January 7, 2024

Toilet Paper Cake

My first cake of 2024 was a Toilet Paper / Poop cake!!  I hope this is not a harbinger of things to come. LOL


 And here is a better view of the poop!  


<< Disclosure: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.>>

For the top of the cake/toilet paper roll, I used circle cutters to make the ring-like marks in the fondant.  I had a set of regular size cutters (1/2" through 4-1/2") that I used for the center rings, but for the larger sizes (5"-7") I made cutters using my 3D printer.  Using a smaller cutter, I cut out the center from the white fondant and replaced it with a circle of brown.  The top piece went onto the prepared 7" cake.


Here are some of the circle cutters I made.


Then I rolled out a long strip of white fondant, embossed it with an impression mat, cut it to a height to match the height of my cake (5"), and finally using a stitching tool I made marks every 4" (to represent the pieces of toilet paper).  Once the long strip of fondant was prepared, I gently rolled it onto a small rolling pin, and then unrolled it onto the side of the cake.  Easy.




For the lettering on the side of the cake I used FMM Art Deco Upper and Lower case letters, and for the lettering on the 12" cake drum I used the FMM Alphabet set Upper 1.5cm and Lower 1cm.  Side note: The poop was made with chocolate fondant, so the birthday boy ATE IT!


This was a fun cake to make for Jan 1, 2024.

Happy Decorating,

Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment