Saturday, June 5, 2021

Batman and Spider-Man combo cake

 Batman and Spider-Man combo cake.


This week's cake was this relatively easy mashup of Batman and Spider-Man.  The hardest part was making the web which I made using thin strands of black fondant.  I could have piped it using buttercream, but I suck at piping.  The rest of the cake was easy because I went overboard (once again) making fondant/gum paste cutters using my 3D printer.  I made a cutter for everything that needed cutting.  Can you  tell I'm in love with my 3D printer?  You can read about the 3D printer HERE.


I did have one oops with the spider cutter - those spindly little legs of my gum paste spider kept breaking off !  In the end I gave up on the "edible" spider and cut one out of glitter paper using my Cricut.  Cricut, 3D Printer, Air Brush - cake decorators have so many toys.


Happy Decorating,

Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment