Sunday, November 14, 2021

Tinkerbell Inspired Cake

This is a simple little Tinkerbell inspired cake.  It has lots of flowers in pink, blue, and purple; it has butterflies, poke-a-dot mushrooms, and a plaque with the birthday girl's name.  Happy 2nd Birthday, Sophia.


<< Disclosure: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to ear fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.>>

Most of the pieces I made before hand so it was a snap to put together on assembly day.  I started with the name plaque and number 2 topper.  I made all the cutters and the diamond embosser using my  Creality Ender 3 v2 3D printer.  If you want to read an intro into 3D printers for cookie cutters you can read my post HERE.


Then I made all the flowers.  I used Wilton fondant mixed with a little Tylose power (also called Gum-Tex and CMC).  The Tylose makes the fondant harden.  The more Tylose you add to the fondant the harder the fondant will become.  To put the texture on the petals of the flowers I used this nifty little JEM veining stick/wand/tool.  The veiner is a quick way to give the flower petals some life.   Here is some of the stuff waiting to go on the cake.  I also made the blades of grass ahead of time to give the little curls time to dry in that shape.  


Assembly day!!  The name plaque and the flower on top where the first things to go on.  I wanted those on first so I could position the blades of grass around it.  At first I was going to put the number "2" on the cake drum, but I didn't like how it looked there, so instead I placed it on top of the cake.


For the colors I used Wilton Sky Blue for the fondant covering the drum, Americolor Mint Green for the grass, and the Hobby Lobby brand Soft Pink for the bow, roses, and tops of the mushrooms.  For the lettering I used Fmm Tappit cutters, the 2 cm Art Deco font set, and the Block font set in upper and lower case.  For the Tinkerbell-ish glitter topper, I used my Cricut Air Explorer.


So another cake out the door.   I hope Sophia's mom likes it.


Happy Decorating,

Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment